Senior Lunch Programs
The Elderly Nutrition Program provides nutritious meals for *adults 60 or older. There are 12 congregate lunch sites in Stanislaus County usually held at senior or community centers. Senior Lunch sites offer fresh made meals. Frozen Home Delivered meals are also available for eligible homebound older adults. The meals served provide at least one-third of the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) for our older adult population.
COST: There is no fee for the meal however a suggested donation of $3.00 per meal is requested and a contribution of any amount helps fund more meals. No eligible participant will be denied a meal due to inability to contribute. Guests, or non-seniors, are welcome but must pay the full cost of the meal, currently $5.50.
CONGREGATE LUNCH SITE LOCATIONS
- Mancini Hall, Modesto (Monday –Friday)
- Modesto Senior Center, Modesto (M, W, Th)
- Ralston Tower, Modesto (Monday –Friday) (non-residents must pre-register)
- Marple Manor, Modesto (Monday –Friday) (non-residents must pre-register)
- Hughson Senior Center (Monday –Friday)
- Witmer Hall, Modesto (Monday –Friday) (off Hatch road in Ceres)
- Gladys Lemons Center, Oakdale (Monday –Friday)
- Patterson Senior Center (M,T, W, F)
- Waterford Community Center (Monday –Friday)
- Community Center, Grayson (M,W,TH,F)
- McConnell Center, Newman (Monday –Friday)
- Salvation Army, Turlock (Tuesday –Friday)
- Riverbank Community Center (M, T, Th)
- Westley Grayson Community Center (M, W, TH, F)
For more information :
Call the Howard Training Center 209 593-5633
Or call the Stanislaus County Senior Information Line 209 558-8698
Note: Reservations are required at least one day prior to ensure an adequate number of meals will be available. Please call the Howard Training Center or site manager at least one day prior to reserve a meal.
Hours of Operation: Sites open early to encourage socialization and are generally open from 10:00-1:00 p.m. Meal service time varies site to site but generally is served between 11:30 and 12:00 noon.
Congregate Lunch Sites: A spouse under 60, or a disabled dependent adult, that resides with an eligible senior or resides at a senior complex that serves as a congregate site, is also eligible for the meal service.
Home Delivery Program
To qualify for a home-delivered meal a person must be 60 years of age or older, and be home-bound (does not drive). Those seniors that live alone, are older & frail are the highest priority for the home delivery service. The Home Delivered meals are frozen entrees served with fresh milk and sometimes fruit or juice. They provide five meals per week, delivered twice a week on scheduled days (Monday - Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.) depending on route assignment.
To apply for Home Delivery call the Howard Training Center (209) 593-5633.
For General Information about the senior meals programs you may also contact the Stanislaus County Area Agency on Aging Senior Information Line : 209 558-8698